Recent Questions Jquery Treeview Js Menu Style ExpandQ:
We have a query on a navigation that we have created. We would like to knowhowto set the colour for a nav item of the asp drop down menu if any pages in that section are currently being visited?A: To save your navigation path you should set the following parameter:
var saveNavigationPath = 1;
The menu keeps items highlighted during menu navigation.
0 - disabled, 1 - enabled (default).
You can highlight menu items by default in two ways:
1) Set the pressed item on each page idividually using the following parameter:
var pressedItem = -2;
The toggle mode. Sets an index of an item that will be highlighted by default.
-2 - the toggle mode is disabled;
-1 - the toggle mode is enabled, but no items highlighted by default;
0,1,2,3,... - index of highlighted item in a top-level menu.
- delete var pressedItem=1; parameter from your data file
- set correct parameter on each page before you call data file, for example:
2) Set the pressed item/subitem using dm_ext_setPressedItem () function.
Please see more info here:
I'm having multiple problems with this now, I'm using this sight in the horizontal cross-frame style. And using the CSS-type layout.
1. This appears to be working fine in Firefox but I can't see the Menu or frames in Internet Explorer.
2. I have changed the colors in the data.js and the css-mode.css files and still can't change the subMenu background colors. ( I have put everything back like it was, but for example if I want to change the submenu or drop down menu background color to grey and the mouseover color to red where do I change that at)? Do I edit the .css file or the data.js file
3. I can't get the links to open in the bottom frame ( I know you will see that it's set to _blank now, but I tried setting the var itemTarget="_bottommenu"; and the code in the menu section at the bottom of the data.js to the same but it still doesn't seem to work. Can you help me out here?
I have attached the sight so that you can see what I'm dealing with.
Once again, thanks for your help and any advice. A: 1) Your menu works fine in all browsers.
2) Your should add the following line into the bottommenu.htm file.
<link href="data-samples/css-mode.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>
You should set the item color for the submenus in your css file initemNormal and itemOver styles.
3) You should use the following parameter to set a frame name:
["Home","testlink.htm", "css/icon1.gif", "css/icon12.gif", "Home", "frm2", "0", "0", , ],
["Products","", "css/icon2.gif", "css/icon22.gif", "Products", , "0", , , ],
["||Linux Compatible","testlink.htm", , , , "frm2",],
["||Windows Compatible","testlink.htm", , , , "frm2",],
When using the Deluxe-Tabs, the second tab seems to be the first selected tab when displaying tabs in a page. Is there a way to set the default tab showing on a page load? A: You should use the following parameter:
var bselectedItem = 3;
Where 3 is the number of your menu item from the var bmenuItemsparameter.
var bmenuItems =
["Mac Tab 1", "content1"],
["Mac Tab 2", "content2"],
["Mac Tab 3", "content3"],
["Mac Tab 4", "content4"], // selected tab
The ID of the item starts with 0.
My client wants their drop down navigation to lock into place when someone visits a page. Is there a way to do this?
Right now it disappears when you click the link. A: I suppose that you're saying about submenus.
Try to set the pressed item using the following API function:
function dm_ext_setPressedItem (menuInd, submenuInd, itemInd, recursion, parentOpen)
Sets a current pressed item.
menuInd - index of a dynamic menu on a page, >= 0.
submenuInd - index of a submenu, >= 0.
itemInd - index of an item, >=0.
recursion = true/false - highlight parent items.
parentOpen = true/false - open all submenus to show the selected item
See example here:
Try to click 'Highlight "Product Info/Installation/Description ofFiles" item'.
You can also try to use the following parameter:
var smHidePause = 1000;
A delay (in ms) between mouse is moved from submenu and its closing.
You can make submenus to stay visible till you click outside the menu or scroll your page.
To enable this feature you should set this parameter in the following way: var smHidePause = -1;