Recent Questions Tree Like Menu Using CssQ: I'm having multiple problems with this now, I'm using this sight in the horizontal cross-frame style. And using the CSS-type layout.
1. This appears to be working fine in Firefox but I can't see the Menu or frames in Internet Explorer.
2. I have changed the colors in the data.js and the css-mode.css files and still can't change the subMenu background colors. ( I have put everything back like it was, but for example if I want to change the submenu or drop down menu background color to grey and the mouseover color to red where do I change that at)? Do I edit the .css file or the data.js file
3. I can't get the links to open in the bottom frame ( I know you will see that it's set to _blank now, but I tried setting the var itemTarget="_bottommenu"; and the code in the menu section at the bottom of the data.js to the same but it still doesn't seem to work. Can you help me out here?
I have attached the sight so that you can see what I'm dealing with.
Once again, thanks for your help and any advice.
A: 1) Your menu works fine in all browsers.
2) Your should add the following line into the bottommenu.htm file.
<link href="data-samples/css-mode.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>
You should set the item color for the submenus in your css file initemNormal and itemOver styles.
3) You should use the following parameter to set a frame name:
["Home","testlink.htm", "css/icon1.gif", "css/icon12.gif", "Home", "frm2", "0", "0", , ],
["Products","", "css/icon2.gif", "css/icon22.gif", "Products", , "0", , , ],
["||Linux Compatible","testlink.htm", , , , "frm2",],
["||Windows Compatible","testlink.htm", , , , "frm2",],
A: Unfortunately there is no such a function now.
There are such variables.
dtabs_tabs[menuN].b1 - dtabs_tabs[menuN].selectedItem
dtabs_tabs[menuN].JT0 - dtabs_tabs[menuN].selectedSmItem
But they contain the index of the selected menu item, not the ID.
Q: I see "Incorrect Copyright" message in IE7.
Please, download licensed files from the same link in your licensemessage.
How to upgrade to v2.00
To upgrade to v2.00 you should do the following.
1.1 For Windows users
a. Run Deluxe Tuner v2.0
(can be found in the trial menu package v2.0
b. Open menu data file (.js file where menu parameters are placed):
c. Save the file: select File/Save, then click "No" button when the dialog box appears.
1.2 For other OS users
a. Open menu data file (.js file where menu parameters are placed) in a text editor.
b. Make sure that the following variables exist in the data file:
var keystrokes = 0;
var dm_focus = 1;
var dm_actKey = 113;
var dynamic = 0;
var smHideOnClick = 1;
var itemAlignTop = 'left';
var smSmartScroll = 1;
var dmAJAX = 0;
var dmAJAXCount = 30;
var dmRTL = 0;
var dmObjectsCheck = 0;
var menuBackRepeat = "repeat";
var menuHeight = "";
var transDuration2 = 200;
If one of the variables doesn't exist - add it at the beginning of the file.
c. Save the file.
Step 3. Replace existent tags of the menu by the following code:
Step 4. Save HTML-page.
Step 5. New engine v2.00 has 7 .js files.
- dmenu_cf.js (new v2.00)
- dmenu_popup.js (new v2.00)
Replace all old .js files by the files from v2.00.
Q: Is there a way to center button names because by default they are left justified?
A: Try to set the following parameters:
var itemAlignTop="center"; // text alignment for the top items
var itemAlign="center"; // text alignment for the submenus