Recent Questions Css Tree Menu ExampleQ:
I'm having multiple problems with this now, I'm using this sight in the horizontal cross-frame style. And using the CSS-type layout.
1. This appears to be working fine in Firefox but I can't see the Menu or frames in Internet Explorer.
2. I have changed the colors in the data.js and the css-mode.css files and still can't change the subMenu background colors. ( I have put everything back like it was, but for example if I want to change the submenu or drop down menu background color to grey and the mouseover color to red where do I change that at)? Do I edit the .css file or the data.js file
3. I can't get the links to open in the bottom frame ( I know you will see that it's set to _blank now, but I tried setting the var itemTarget="_bottommenu"; and the code in the menu section at the bottom of the data.js to the same but it still doesn't seem to work. Can you help me out here?
I have attached the sight so that you can see what I'm dealing with.
Once again, thanks for your help and any advice. A: 1) Your menu works fine in all browsers.
2) Your should add the following line into the bottommenu.htm file.
<link href="data-samples/css-mode.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>
You should set the item color for the submenus in your css file initemNormal and itemOver styles.
3) You should use the following parameter to set a frame name:
["Home","testlink.htm", "css/icon1.gif", "css/icon12.gif", "Home", "frm2", "0", "0", , ],
["Products","", "css/icon2.gif", "css/icon22.gif", "Products", , "0", , , ],
["||Linux Compatible","testlink.htm", , , , "frm2",],
["||Windows Compatible","testlink.htm", , , , "frm2",],
I'm trying out the cross-browser (top to bottom) drop down menu and I was wondering if it was possible to have the top bar (the main items) use a background image while the sub-items beneath used a plain background color and no image?
You can use Individual Styles to set background image for the items
var itemStyles = [
oryou can use images instead of icons (you should delete item's text).
["","", "deluxe-menu.files/btn_black.gif", "deluxe-menu.files/btn_black_green.gif", "", "", "", "", "", ],
I already found out the use of the pressedItem setting. However Iwas looking to be able to have a submenu in the html dropdown menu already expanded on pageload. Can you tell me if this is possible yet in any way ? A: You can find the example here
Click on the following link:
Highlight "Product Info/Installation/Description of Files" item.
Use the following function to highlight items
function dm_ext_setPressedItem (menuInd, submenuInd, itemInd, recursion, parentOpen)
where parentOpen = true/false - open all submenus to show the selected item
Firefox shows the borders ok. A: You've set the following parameters in this menu:
var menuBorderColor="#FF9191 #FF7837 #E10000 #952D00 ";
You should specify style for your border, for example:
See the attached example. I cannot notice such issue on Safari forWin. Write what version you're using.
var fontStyle=["normal 8pt Verdana,normal 8pt Verdana","normal 8pt Verdana,normal 8pt Verdana"];
var fontStyle=["normal 8pt Verdana","normal 8pt Verdana"];