Recent Questions Collapsible Css Tree Menu In DreamweaverQ: I'm having multiple problems with this now, I'm using this sight in the horizontal cross-frame style. And using the CSS-type layout.
1. This appears to be working fine in Firefox but I can't see the Menu or frames in Internet Explorer.
2. I have changed the colors in the data.js and the css-mode.css files and still can't change the subMenu background colors. ( I have put everything back like it was, but for example if I want to change the submenu or drop down menu background color to grey and the mouseover color to red where do I change that at)? Do I edit the .css file or the data.js file
3. I can't get the links to open in the bottom frame ( I know you will see that it's set to _blank now, but I tried setting the var itemTarget="_bottommenu"; and the code in the menu section at the bottom of the data.js to the same but it still doesn't seem to work. Can you help me out here?
I have attached the sight so that you can see what I'm dealing with.
Once again, thanks for your help and any advice.
A: 1) Your menu works fine in all browsers.
2) Your should add the following line into the bottommenu.htm file.
<link href="data-samples/css-mode.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>
You should set the item color for the submenus in your css file initemNormal and itemOver styles.
3) You should use the following parameter to set a frame name:
["Home","testlink.htm", "css/icon1.gif", "css/icon12.gif", "Home", "frm2", "0", "0", , ],
["Products","", "css/icon2.gif", "css/icon22.gif", "Products", , "0", , , ],
["||Linux Compatible","testlink.htm", , , , "frm2",],
["||Windows Compatible","testlink.htm", , , , "frm2",],
Q: I have a Dynamic tree menu now.
A: Theoretically you can do it.
Try to use
function and call
function dtreet_ext_changeItem (menuInd, itemID, itemParams)
function in it.
You should create Individual item style for this item and and assignthis style when you click on the item.
Q: Is there a way to center floatable menus horizontally on a page?
I used to use absolutePos=0, and all of my menus were centered ok, but when I tried floatable=1 I found that I had to change toabsolutePos=1 to get the menu to float, and this messed up my centering. Since I have multiple menus of different widths, I'd rather not have to hard-code the menu width, but please let me know if there's a better way.
A: Notice, when you use floatable menu you can't use relative menu position.
So, if you use
var absolutePos = 0;
and to center the menu you use <p> or <div> with the center alignment your menu won't float.
To center your floatable menu you should set absolute coordinates.
Q: How can I setup Font Size, color for individual level, button? How?
A: You should use Individual Item Styles.
var itemStyles = [
["itemBackColor=#B6E025,#769315","fontStyle=bold 10px Bookman Old Style"], //style 0
menuItems = [
["Product Info","", "default.files/icon1.gif", "default.files/icon1o.gif", , , , , , ],
["|Features","testlink.html", "default.files/icon2.gif", "default.files/icon2o.gif", , , "0", , , ], //style 0
["|Installation","", "default.files/icon2.gif", "default.files/icon2o.gif", , , "0", , , ], //style 0