Recent Questions Tree Menu And Submenu In JqueryQ:
We're working on new website and including your html menu systems.
Here's what we're trying to do and it keeps giving us an error (using MS Frontpage for development):
1) We have created a single leftnav menu that will appear on all of the pages of our website.
2) We've created an html page called leftnav.htm that is only this menu. It works just fine when we preview within Frontpage. The leftnav.htm and all the menu .js files are in a unique folder within the site.
3) We then have a template page that is the base template for many of the pages on our website. There is a layout table in this template into which we do an Includepage to bring in the leftnav.htm. When we try to preview this page with the menu included, we get a script error that says "Object expected" on line #155 (the .js file only has 154 lines of code).
We're stuck. Is there a problem with how we're trying to implement the html menu systems? A: It is possible that you'll have an error in the Frontpage's preview.
Try to open your page in browser. If you'll have the same error,please send send us a copy of your html pages (including .js files) and we will check it.
How does one go about changing the parameter or the menu in java script so that a menu selection stays 'on'?
In other words, the menu remains selected, perhaps in a background color that shows the user this menu choice is selected and the user is in the selected menu area. A: To save your navigation path you should set the following parameter:
var saveNavigationPath = 1;
The menu keeps items highlighted during menu navigation.
0 - disabled, 1 - enabled (default).
You can highlight menu items by default in two ways:
1) Set the pressed item on each page idividually using the following parameter:
var pressedItem = -2;
The toggle mode. Sets an index of an item that will be highlighted by default.
-2 - the toggle mode is disabled;
-1 - the toggle mode is enabled, but no items highlighted by default;0,1,2,3,... - index of highlighted item in a top-level menu.
- delete var pressedItem=1; parameter from your data file
- set correct parameter on each page before you call data file, for example:
2) Set the pressed item/subitem using dm_ext_setPressedItem () function.
Please see more info here:
I currently have the menus set to show the selected item in white and the non-selected items in blue.
However, I can only choose one item in each menu.
Is there any way to choose multiple items from a single drop down css menu and have all of
selected items show white?
Actually you can use the following function:
function dm_ext_changeItem (menuInd, submenuInd, itemInd, iParams)
You can create Individual Item Style with style of selected item and
using this function assign it for the items you want to highlight