It's simply not saving the state. Clicking the items on the menu is inconsistent. Sometimes it saves sometimes not.
It seems to be a lot worse in this area. A: See, Tree Menu saves it's state using cookies.
But it can't re-save the same cookie file from different folders.
I have used for your software for Menu creation(Trial version). We integrated it in our appliaction running good on IE 6. It has some whitespaces also. Menu using dhtml is not displayed in IE 7 when integrated in our application. When we call your html directly in IE 7 then it displays.
In Mozilla ,menu is displayed but without transitional Effects.
I am interest buy your software. If we are assured that above issues will be fixed in licensed version. A: > Menu using dhtml is not displayed in IE 7 when integrated in our application.Try to set exact width for the menu, for example: var menuWidth="300px";
> In Mozilla, menu using dhtml is displayed but without transitional Effects.Filters and transitional effects are features of Internet Explorer5.5+ only.
See more info here:
I am spending a lot more time and have figured a few things out. One more question please: How do I specify the target link I want a dhtml submenu to go to?
I see HREF specified in the code, but no where in the program to specify it. A: See, the following parameter sets target for all items
If you want to set different target for each item you should set it inthe "Item Parameters" window. Choose your item in the main window andset target in the target field.
I'm having multiple problems with this now, I'm using this sight in the horizontal cross-frame style. And using the CSS-type layout.
1. This appears to be working fine in Firefox but I can't see the Menu or frames in Internet Explorer.
2. I have changed the colors in the data.js and the css-mode.css files and still can't change the subMenu background colors. ( I have put everything back like it was, but for example if I want to change the submenu or drop down menu background color to grey and the mouseover color to red where do I change that at)? Do I edit the .css file or the data.js file
3. I can't get the links to open in the bottom frame ( I know you will see that it's set to _blank now, but I tried setting the var itemTarget="_bottommenu"; and the code in the menu section at the bottom of the data.js to the same but it still doesn't seem to work. Can you help me out here?
I have attached the sight so that you can see what I'm dealing with.
Once again, thanks for your help and any advice. A: 1) Your menu works fine in all browsers.
2) Your should add the following line into the bottommenu.htm file.
<link href="data-samples/css-mode.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>
You should set the item color for the submenus in your css file initemNormal and itemOver styles.
3) You should use the following parameter to set a frame name:
["Home","testlink.htm", "css/icon1.gif", "css/icon12.gif", "Home", "frm2", "0", "0", , ],
["Products","", "css/icon2.gif", "css/icon22.gif", "Products", , "0", , , ],
["||Linux Compatible","testlink.htm", , , , "frm2",],
["||Windows Compatible","testlink.htm", , , , "frm2",],