Recent Questions Css Sitemap TreeviewQ: I am investigating why a few things have not been working for sometime on our site.
This is the error I get in the console "The requested URL /js/menudir/dtree_ss.js was not found on this server."
I update the files awhile back and removed the dtress_ss.js as I was instructed, why is it that it that the script is still trying to reference this file?
What do I have to do to remove this error from java script tree menu?
When I updated the files a few months back the new files seem to fix a problem we were having with Chrome, but broke the drop down menu in Explorer. I have yet to resolve this. The drop down menu appears to work fine in all other browsers.
The nav menu not working in IE7 (not sure about IE6 or IE8) is a bigger issue than the error in the console, but thought maybe they were related. From our analytics, the strong majority of our customers are using IE7.
A: 1) dtree_ss.js
In the body tag you should write:
In the HEAD tag you should write:
<noscript><a href="http://deluxe-tree.com">java script tree menu by Deluxe-Tree.com</a></noscript>
<!-- (c) 2009, http://deluxe-tree.com -->
2) Error in IE7.
You're using new engine files and old data files for the menus now.
I'm sending you the example.
Q: I want to buy your product today, but have a few questions:
How do I change the font style for java menu templates to 9pt Verdana bold, but leave the sub-menus 9pt Verdana normal? I understand there’s a "fontStyle" variable, but is there an "itemfontStyle"? How do I make the left hand padding greater for the menu? I’m using the XP Style 1 and the far left top menu item is running up against my left hand border. I want to add about 10px of spacing to the left of the menu. How do I make the options in a menu have equal spacing? For instance, if there are 5 items in the menu, how can each have 100% / 5?
A: You can use Individual Item styles to set specific parameters for eachitem or submenu.
var fontStyle=["normal 9pt Verdana","normal 9pt Verdana"]; //for subitems
//style for the top items
var itemStyles = [
["itemHeight=21px","itemBackColor=#F2F3F2,#1665CB","fontStyle='bold 9pt Verdana','bold 9pt Verdana'"],
2., 4. You should specify itemPadding parameter in "px". You shouldadd "px" in your style for subitems:
var menuStyles = [
Notice also that you can set multiple value for itemPadding parameter,for example:
itemPadding=4px 10px 4px 10px
top right bottom left
4. You should set the exact width for the java menu templates:
and set width for the top items using Individual styles:
["itemWidth=100px","itemHeight=21px","itemBackColor=#F2F3F2,#1665CB","fontStyle='bold 9pt Verdana','bold 9pt Verdana'"],
Unfortunately it is not possible to specify item's width in '%' inIndividual styles. The following width parameters won't work.
["itemWidth=20%","itemHeight=21px","itemBackColor=#F2F3F2,#1665CB","fontStyle='bold 9pt Verdana','bold 9pt Verdana'"],
Q: I am interested in Deluxe Tabs MAC Style.
However before I do I want to make sure that:
- I can change the buttons pictures on both the first row and the second row. There has to be a <img src=" " > tag in the code somewhere, correct?
- I can expand or diminish the number of buttons and links
- Also, I have a question: if I am on "Mac Tab 1" menu, and I click on "Mac Tab 2" menu without clicking on any of the links onthe second row, what is the page that I see? Do I see by default Link 2_1 or do I see some kind of generic page? In other words is there a "main" page for each tab menu and then you have the other pages which correspond to Link 2_1, Link 2_2, etc.?
- Is it possible to remember a visited sub-menu? For example I am on "Mac Tab 2/Link 2_3" and I go to "Mac Tab 4/Link 4_2" and then I come back to "Mac Tab 2". Can the main page for this "Mac Tab 2" be Link 2_3 which was my last visited link on that tab?
A: 1) No, there is no such tag - <img src=" " >
For the main items you should set such parameters:
bbeforeItemImage - left part of the item
bafterItemImage - right part of the item
bitemBackImage - center part of the item
in normal, mouseover and selected states.
And for the subitems (in MAC template) you should set onlybitemBackImage - the center part of the item.
Please, see the code of this template.
2) You can create any number of the buttons and links.
3) You can set links for main items and for the subitems.
var bmenuItems =
["Mac Tab 1","http://deluxe-menu.com",,,,,,],
So, if you click on "Mac Tab 1" you will go to http://deluxe-menu.com
And if you write so
["Mac Tab 1","",,,,,,],
no page will open.
Q: Whenver I choose the enable Ajax feature and set the AjaxCount to 0, my menus don't pop out anymore. How do I get it to pop out?
A: That variable set the maximal number of submenus that will be loadedfrom server on your page.
If you don't know exact number of submenus you can set a big value forthis parameter.
If you set var dmAJAXCount=0; you cannot see you submenus.
To enable Ajax feature you should set, for example: