Error= Object expected
URL= (whatever page that I am on).
Please let me know what the issue is asap as my client is anxiousto go live with this and needs to be resolved!!!!!
A: You should check your dmWorkPath parameter. You should write itcorrectly.
You should also check that you copy all dmenu_xx.js files in the samefolder with dmenu.js file.
Please, set also the following parameter:
This parameter cannot be empty.
Q: The problem that I'm having is when ever the menu has an external link clicked to load in the main frame, the main menu (blue one with icons) dropped down & the frame below is moved to the bottom ofthe menu, or in other terms the menu frame stretches to the size of the menu & moves the main frame down.
A: The menu will work correctly in the cross-frame mode if you load pages into the sub frame from the same domain.
If you load pages from another domain submenus won't be shown in the subframe - they will be shown in the frame with the top-menu.
It's caused by a security policy of browsers - a script can't modify a content of pages from another domain.
Q: We are facing a problem with display of deluxe menu in Internet explorer 7.0
Java script menuis displaying fine in Mozilla Firefox & Internet Exploer 6.0.
Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Custom level... -> Scripting -> Active Scripting = Enable
There is no way to enable these preferences automatically, in othercase there are no reasons to create security preferences.
You can generate search engine friendly code.
To create a search engine friendly menu you should add additional html code within your html page:
To generate such a code use Deluxe Tuner application.
You can find this GUI in the trial package.
Run Tuner, load your menu and click Tools/Generate SE-friendly Code (F3).
Q: I am investigating why a few things have not been working for sometime on our site.
This is the error I get in the console "The requested URL /js/menudir/dtree_ss.js was not found on this server."
I update the files awhile back and removed the dtress_ss.js as I was instructed, why is it that it that the script is still trying to reference this file?
What do I have to do to remove this error from java script tree menu?
When I updated the files a few months back the new files seem to fix a problem we were having with Chrome, but broke the drop down menu in Explorer. I have yet to resolve this. The drop down menu appears to work fine in all other browsers.
The nav menu not working in IE7 (not sure about IE6 or IE8) is a bigger issue than the error in the console, but thought maybe they were related. From our analytics, the strong majority of our customers are using IE7.
A: 1) dtree_ss.js
In the body tag you should write:
In the HEAD tag you should write:
<noscript><a href="http://deluxe-tree.com">java script tree menu by Deluxe-Tree.com</a></noscript>
<!-- (c) 2009, http://deluxe-tree.com -->
2) Error in IE7.
You're using new engine files and old data files for the menus now.
I'm sending you the example.