2. In internet explorer, when you mouse over Need An Expert?, Technology the first time you go to the page, there is a 3-4 second delay before the submenu opens. There are a lot of submenu items under Technology, but in Firefox, there doesn't seem to be this delay. Do you know why this would happen in IE? Is there a way to fix it? Could the problem be that each submenu item has a background graphic and this is causing the delay?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
A: 1. The scroll speed depends on number of items to be scrolled, more items -> faster scroll.
You can decrease the number of items or enlarge the size of submenu.
2,3. Please try to add the following param:
var dm_writeAll = 1;
It will load all backgrounds on page load, no on mouseover.
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
the menuBackImage and itemBackImage images do not display properly. Check with and without doctype declaration. Is there a known fix for this?
var itemPadding="15px 10px 0px 20px";
var menuStyles = [
["smColumns=2","itemPadding=25px 10px 10px 10px"],
["itemPadding=25px 10px 10px 20px"],
["menuBackImage=img/nahbp_1.gif","itemPadding=25px 10px 10px 20px"],
You should edit the php template of your theme.
1. Go to Design -> Theme Editor
Open header.php file
!! Notice that you should CHMOD header.php file to777 setting. Find more info here:
2. Upload folder with all menu files on your server
3. Add the following code in the <head> tag:
where 'menu' is the folder with all menu file on your server.
4. Call data file in the place where you want to have the menu, forexample:
<div style='z-index: 100;position: absolute; right: 0; top: 0; margin: 0; padding: 0;float: left;height: 85px; '>
5. Click 'Update File' button.
Q: The menu doesn't show the drop down sub items. If you would look at the script there are two sublinks for Accommodation which however is not visible when we are doing a mouseover. I have attached the revised data.js file with this mail. Please let me know if thre is anything else hat i need to look into.
A: You should set back color for your submenus.
For example you should create style and assign it for the subitems:
var itemStyles = [
["Accommodation","#", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", ],
["|test1 text text","", "", "", "", "", "0", "", "", ], //style0
["|test2 text text text text","", "", "", "", "", "0", "", "", ],//style0
You should also set the following parameters: