Recent Questions Outlook Menu Tree JqueryQ:
We're working on new website and including your html menu systems.
Here's what we're trying to do and it keeps giving us an error (using MS Frontpage for development):
1) We have created a single leftnav menu that will appear on all of the pages of our website.
2) We've created an html page called leftnav.htm that is only this menu. It works just fine when we preview within Frontpage. The leftnav.htm and all the menu .js files are in a unique folder within the site.
3) We then have a template page that is the base template for many of the pages on our website. There is a layout table in this template into which we do an Includepage to bring in the leftnav.htm. When we try to preview this page with the menu included, we get a script error that says "Object expected" on line #155 (the .js file only has 154 lines of code).
We're stuck. Is there a problem with how we're trying to implement the html menu systems? A: It is possible that you'll have an error in the Frontpage's preview.
Try to open your page in browser. If you'll have the same error,please send send us a copy of your html pages (including .js files) and we will check it.
Please advise on how to install a created js popup window to an html page linked to text. A: For example you want to open your popup window when you click the link on your page.
You should do the following:
1) Open your page (for example index.html page) in any text editor.
Add link in the place where you want to have it and specify the ID (for example: win1) for it, for example:
2) Create a popup window in Deluxe Tuner. Add your content.
You can use HTML content, Iframe (url) or any object on your page as popup windows
content - Object ID.
For example select HTML content (winContent parameter in the 'Common' section) and add
the content in HTML Content window,
<div style="text-align:center;"><b>Sample content</b></div>
This is a simple HTML code for content. Here you may also set link to content page or ID of some element.
3) In the 'Actions' section specify the id of your link (win1) for the onClick event.
4) Select the template you want to use.
5) Export your popup window to HTML page. File -> Export -> To HTML. Save it in any testfolder.
So, you'll have:
6) Open the generated deluxe-popup-window.html file in any text editor.
Copy all code for Popup window and paste it in the beginning of the <body> tag:
<!-- Deluxe Popup Window -->
<noscript><a href="http://deluxepopupwindow.com">menu drop down by DeluxePopupWindow.com</a></noscript>
<!-- (c) 2009, DeluxePopupWindow.com -->
7) Copy 'deluxe-popup-window.files/' folder and deluxe-popup-window.js file into the same
folder with your index.html (root folder of your website).
I've just put together a new drop down menu box for one of the sites I'm working on and whilst in IE it works fine, in FF the drop down menu box is not appearing over the Flash banner.
Can you help me sort this. A: See fix for flash in Firefox here: