A: The menu will work correctly in the cross-frame mode if you load pages into the sub frame from the same domain.
If you load pages from another domain submenus won't be shown in the subframe - they will be shown in the frame with the top-menu.
It's caused by a security policy of browsers - a script can't modify a content of pages from another domain.
More info about cross-frame mode you can find here:
Q: When I create a tree menu that can be expanded with the double arrows. I was wonder if there was a way to have the dhtml slide tree menu already expanded with I open the page the menu is on instead of having to expanded every time.
["|Home","testlink.htm", "default.files/icon1_s.gif", "default.files/icon1_so.gif", "", "Home Page Tip", "", "", "", ],
["|Product Info","", "default.files/icon2_s.gif", "default.files/icon2_so.gif", "", "Product Info Tip", "", "", "", ],
["||What's New","testlink.htm", "default.files/iconarrs.gif", "", "", "", "", "", "", ],
["||Features","testlink.htm", "default.files/iconarrs.gif", "", "", "", "", "", "", ],
The following parameter expands all menu items by default:
Q: We are having a bit of trouble with your menu, when you go down into a sub menu, and then back to the item that called it, the sub menu expands.
For example, if i have this menu structure
When i MouseOver New and then MouseOver File, the menu containing New, Save and Exit will grow. If i keep doing this then the menu will continue to expand horizontally.
I know its something we have done, since there doesn't seem to be a problem on your site, its just i don't know what it is
A: Rozi, we heard about such problems. I suppose that you see such effectin IE.
Please, try not to use shadow in the menu.
Please, set this parameter:
We'll correct this bug soon.
Try also write all units in "px", for example:
var itemPadding = "3px";
Q: I am interested in Deluxe Tabs MAC Style.
However before I do I want to make sure that:
- I can change the buttons pictures on both the first row and the second row. There has to be a <img src=" " > tag in the code somewhere, correct?
- I can expand or diminish the number of buttons and links
- Also, I have a question: if I am on "Mac Tab 1" menu, and I click on "Mac Tab 2" menu without clicking on any of the links onthe second row, what is the page that I see? Do I see by default Link 2_1 or do I see some kind of generic page? In other words is there a "main" page for each tab menu and then you have the other pages which correspond to Link 2_1, Link 2_2, etc.?
- Is it possible to remember a visited sub-menu? For example I am on "Mac Tab 2/Link 2_3" and I go to "Mac Tab 4/Link 4_2" and then I come back to "Mac Tab 2". Can the main page for this "Mac Tab 2" be Link 2_3 which was my last visited link on that tab?
A: 1) No, there is no such tag - <img src=" " >
For the main items you should set such parameters:
bbeforeItemImage - left part of the item
bafterItemImage - right part of the item
bitemBackImage - center part of the item
in normal, mouseover and selected states.
And for the subitems (in MAC template) you should set onlybitemBackImage - the center part of the item.
Please, see the code of this template.
2) You can create any number of the buttons and links.
3) You can set links for main items and for the subitems.
var bmenuItems =
["Mac Tab 1","http://deluxe-menu.com",,,,,,],
So, if you click on "Mac Tab 1" you will go to http://deluxe-menu.com
And if you write so
["Mac Tab 1","",,,,,,],
no page will open.