Recent Questions Dhtml Tree View TooltipQ: Hi I recently bought a menu from you - which is great.
However, i have been told that search engines will find it hard to crawl through the menu and find the other parts of my site.
Is it possible for me to create my menu to make it easier for search engines to crawl through?
To create a search engine friendly menu you should add additional html code within your html page:
< div id="dmlinks">
< a href="http://deluxe-menu.com"> menu_item_text1< /a>
< a href="http://deluxe-tree.com"> menu_item_text2< /a>
To generate such a code use Deluxe Tuner application.
You can find this GUI in the trial package.
Run Tuner, load your menu and click Tools/Generate SE-friendly Code (F3).
Q: Greetings..... I am new to java script and would like to have a drop down menu that I can use with frames....
I downloaded your program and have created a small menu to try to become familiar with the program and see if I can accomplish getting a menu to display on a new page...... I am currently using Page Mill.
When I created the menus, I saved them as TstBuy and it was saved in the Deluxe-menu folder.
Having read a number of your information displays plus lacking the knowledge of what files and where to place them, I would appreciate any information you can offer as to what files to place in the main Page Mill folder if that is where they go??
As for the data I created (TstBuy), I thought that I would be able to copy and paste that file into the Page Mill page within a text box, but the paste feature was not available...
Thanks for any assistance you can offer..
A: Thanks for your interest in our products.
You can try to export your menu into html page using Deluxe Tunerapplication and then copy the code from the generated html page into your html page.You should click in Deluxe Tuner "File/Export/To HTML". You'll getsuch files:
There is no need to use all files from the "deluxe-menu.files/"folder.
The description of files you can find here:
You can delete all files which are not necessary for you.
To install the menu into your html page:
1. open the page in Page Mill/Dreamweaver/Frontpage
2. open html source code of the page (deluxe-menu.html)
3. add several rows of code (<script> tags), For info see:
You should also copy "deluxe-menu.files/" folder, all image files anddata-deluxe-menu.js in the same folder with your html page.
For example, you'll have such structure:
Q: I am interested in Deluxe Tabs MAC Style.
However before I do I want to make sure that:
- I can change the buttons pictures on both the first row and the second row. There has to be a <img src=" " > tag in the code somewhere, correct?
- I can expand or diminish the number of buttons and links
- Also, I have a question: if I am on "Mac Tab 1" menu, and I click on "Mac Tab 2" menu without clicking on any of the links onthe second row, what is the page that I see? Do I see by default Link 2_1 or do I see some kind of generic page? In other words is there a "main" page for each tab menu and then you have the other pages which correspond to Link 2_1, Link 2_2, etc.?
- Is it possible to remember a visited sub-menu? For example I am on "Mac Tab 2/Link 2_3" and I go to "Mac Tab 4/Link 4_2" and then I come back to "Mac Tab 2". Can the main page for this "Mac Tab 2" be Link 2_3 which was my last visited link on that tab?
A: 1) No, there is no such tag - <img src=" " >
For the main items you should set such parameters:
bbeforeItemImage - left part of the item
bafterItemImage - right part of the item
bitemBackImage - center part of the item
in normal, mouseover and selected states.
And for the subitems (in MAC template) you should set onlybitemBackImage - the center part of the item.
Please, see the code of this template.
2) You can create any number of the buttons and links.
3) You can set links for main items and for the subitems.
var bmenuItems =
["Mac Tab 1","http://deluxe-menu.com",,,,,,],
So, if you click on "Mac Tab 1" you will go to http://deluxe-menu.com
And if you write so
["Mac Tab 1","",,,,,,],
no page will open.
Q: I am working in a Hispanic area, and need to be able to utilize specialcharacters
in titles in for navigation menus.
However, those are appearing distorted on my website.
A: Actually you can use any letters in the menu.
Please, check that you've set "Tools/Use utf8 encode".
When you save your data file in UTF8 you should use the same encoding on our html page.
So you should write:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
If you don't want to use UTF-8 encode on your page you should turn off
"Tools/Use utf8 encode" property, save your data file and manually
change your letters in any text editor.