Recent Questions Multiple Tree View Size Middle CQ:
We're working on new website and including your html menu systems.
Here's what we're trying to do and it keeps giving us an error (using MS Frontpage for development):
1) We have created a single leftnav menu that will appear on all of the pages of our website.
2) We've created an html page called leftnav.htm that is only this menu. It works just fine when we preview within Frontpage. The leftnav.htm and all the menu .js files are in a unique folder within the site.
3) We then have a template page that is the base template for many of the pages on our website. There is a layout table in this template into which we do an Includepage to bring in the leftnav.htm. When we try to preview this page with the menu included, we get a script error that says "Object expected" on line #155 (the .js file only has 154 lines of code).
We're stuck. Is there a problem with how we're trying to implement the html menu systems? A: It is possible that you'll have an error in the Frontpage's preview.
Try to open your page in browser. If you'll have the same error,please send send us a copy of your html pages (including .js files) and we will check it.
I am using cross frame menu dropdown. I have three frames: Top, Left and main (middle).
I am using the script and data from your sample file; it works fine. Only problem is submenu is offset to the right. It does not show up exactly down below the top menu.
The problem is in a structure of your frameset.
Mozilla browsers can't determine absolute coordinates for a frame, so submenus drop down with an offset.
You should create, for example, the following frameset structure:
Now a top row has 2 columns and all browsers can determine a width of the 1st column in the second row.
You should write init function in the following way in that case:
Open dmenu.js file in any text editor and find the following code:
Change 15 to 0.
Navigation bar code should indicate with on which page I me just considers..
but you can highlight menu items in two ways:
Try to do the following things:
- delete var pressedItem=1; parameter from your data file
- set correct parameter on each page before you call data file,
function dm_ext_setPressedItem (menuInd, submenuInd, itemInd, recursion)
Sets a current pressed item.
menuInd - index of a menu on a page, >= 0.
submenuInd - index of a submenu, >= 0.
itemInd - index of an item, >=0.
recursion = true/false - highlight parent items.
But notice, to use dm_ext_setPressedItem() you should know ID of selected item and subitem.
You can't get this ID after you reload your page. That is why you should write your own code on PHP.
You can find more info here: