Recent Questions Directory Tree JsQ: Thank you for the information and especially for your good explaination of the ways DHTML and Java work with menus. I want to get a menu because I was asked to base a new web site on one that used 'showpage.asp' calls to createtheir menus. Can you throw some light on how I would go about doing that?
Please, try the trial version of the menu. You can use GUI to createyour menu. You can find it in the trial package.
Q: I have just 2 more questions.
2. Can your menu be configured per the following spec? Once you click on a 3rd level option that level would disappear & the 1st & 2nd level would be breadcrumbed (stay visible to show you where you are).
A: 1) Yes you can do it. Use smOrientation parameter in IndividualSubmenu Styles:
var menuStyles = [
Assign it to the first item in third submenu:
["Home","testlink.html", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", ],
["Product Info","", "default.files/icon1.gif", "default.files/icon1o.gif", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", ],
["|Features","testlink.html", "default.files/icon2.gif", "default.files/icon2o.gif", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", ],
["|Installation","", "default.files/icon2.gif", "default.files/icon2o.gif", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", ],
["||Description of Files","testlink.html", "default.files/icon6.gif", "default.files/icon6o.gif", "", "", "", "0", "", "", "", ],
2) No, it is not possible now. Your 3rd level submenu will be visible too.
Q: Hi, I need to know if it is possible to accomplish the following functionalities with your tree-menu library.
1. I need to have two or more trees in the same page
3. I need to eliminate the nodes that has check=true
4. I need to populate on-demand the tree using AJAX
5. I need to implement drag&drop through the use of the mouse events on the tree nodes
6. How would the tree behave with 10000 nodes??
7. I need to have a tree within another element that uses scroll
such as a DIV or SPAN (fixed area). When collapsed or expanded, the area should remain its original size.
A: 1. You can add any number of the menus on the one page.
2, 3, 5. Yes, you can do it. But you should create your own server-side script (for example, php) that will do it. The menu doesn't support such a feature.
6. It is possible that the loading speed can be lower if the menu is very large. But it doesn't take so much time.
Yes, you can notice some delay in IE, but in over browsers it works better.
I tried to create large menus on my machine: P4 3GHz, 512RAM WinXP SP2
- 1000 items ~ 10 sec
- 2000 items ~ 40 sec
I believe I made modifications from the template of Vista Style 7, although I'm not certain of this. I've deleted unnecessary images from the folder, zipped it up, and have attached it to this email. You'll see the problem on the AboutUs, Services, and Gallery pages.
A: Please, check that you have blank.gif image in the correct place.
For AboutUs page: